I'm beginning to see how two children can be easier than one.
Of course, let me preface this post by saying that I am indeed pulling them apart on a daily basis. They pick on each other often. However, there are more and more moments of absolute sweetness.
Like the other day, when Mac patted Belen on the head and said, "You are growing so big, Sweet Pea." It's a nickname I'm hearing him use more and more often.
Or how Belen calls him "Gak" and gets really worried about him when he is in timeout. She knows she's not supposed to sit by him, so she'll stand on the other side of the stairs and point and grunts anxiously at him as he cries, trying to convince me to settle things.
The two of them are finally reaching some common ground in wrestling. Mac has figured out how to rough-house gently, and Belle has decided that it can be fun. She doesn't wrestle him back much; mostly just pats his shoulder after he pins her to the ground.
But they find other things to do together. The other day I heard laughter and sneaked around the corner to find them playing peek-a-boo with each other. Yes, it was heart melting.
They also play hide-and-seek and spin in circles together, collapsing in a fit of giggles.
And I am not their sole entertainment/teacher/playmate any more.
This is why people have multiple children.


Allie! Your little family is so cute I can't even stand it! Your kids are adorable and you seem like a wonderful mother. And your hair! I just love it. Harvey has started death-grip pulling on mine and so it's time to chop it off. I have decided to go with the "Allie Gunn" and am totally showing the hairdresser your picture! I hope that's not weird.....
ReplyDelete