Monday, April 15, 2013

Country Folk

This past month, I had a visit from family I rarely see.

They live so far away, in a city so opposite of my own.  As in, population 286.  Spread out over plenty of ground.  My town has a count of 60,395 ... spread over 7.4 square miles.

I used to work there in the summers, and seeing them again brought back the memories.  Open air, open spaces, a place where you could hear yourself think and feel God everywhere.  

I miss it.

The grass is always greener, right?

Well it was so good to see them.  We had a blast entertaining them in the hubub of Southern California, and they showered us with love and good times.




The beach felt freezing, that day, but these folks are a true-to-life high mountain herd and soaked it up.

And they were here for my birthday ... which, of course, is an occasion that deserves its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment