Sunday, April 14, 2013

Inexplicable Comfort

Not long after Mark and I got engaged, I took off to Mexico to build houses.  We emailed every day -- and sometimes twice -- and I've kept and cherished them all.

That boy won me with words, though he already had me hook, line, and sinker.  Among the things he sent me, I felt like I wanted to share a quote he discovered:


  "Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person.  Having to neither weigh thoughts nor measure words.  But pouring them out, grain and chaff together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away." 



And in case you're now doubting Mark's masculinity, I feel I must throw in what he wrote at the end of that email:
"Now I have to add some macho stuff to even it all out. I bench pressed 250 pounds the other day, then I built stuff out of iron.  For dinner I needed to open a can, but couldn't find the can opener.  So I just used my teeth, then ripped it off with my bare hands.  That should impress you with my manliness.  So anyways, have fun today and I'll talk to you later. I love you."
Did you swoon?  Cause I just did all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment