Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Macisms

Mac is at such a fun age.  Especially when it comes to explaining things. 
Like tithing.
Mac:  "This money is for Jesus.  It needs to go way up high in the sky.  Maybe it just needs some pixie dust."


There are many other things done "up".  For example, as he looks at a wedding picture of ours, he says, "That's where you and dad got all married up."
Or during dinner, "Hey look, thems all cooked up."
Or when drawing, "Uh oh, it got all erased up!"


The other day I was sewing.  Mac wanted to help.  He said, "Mom, c'mon, lets go help our Cinderelly."


He's also teaching me a lot about myself.  As in, do I really say that all the time? 

For example, we were cleaning up the putting green out back.  Mac has some shells in the dirt that he has collected from the beach, and they were everywhere.  I was sweeping along, unconsciously ignoring him, when I suddenly registered him saying: "Mom, hey!  Be a good listener.  Now these are your choices.  I break the shells, or I hide them.  What do you chose?"


He also gives me a breakdown of minutes.  That boy will do about anything if we prep him with a countdown, so all day long I hear, "Mom, we have ___ many minutes left."


And he is finally into singing.  Most frequently it's "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", but he'll surprise me with knowing the words to many of my songs as well.  The other day I caught him singing along to "You and I" by Ingrid Michaelson.  


Also, nothing makes this boy groove like "Cha Cha Slide".  There are some serious dance parties at our house these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment