Monday, April 15, 2013

Gunn Clan Easter

The day my aunt and family left, I got a phone call from my sister-in-law Danika.

They were coming to spend Easter with us!

And so we quick, washed the sheets, scrubbed down the bathroom, and prepped for our next round of visitors.  Mac commented, "Mom, I love it when friends sleep at my house."

Indeed, it was so good to have them.

Mac was glued to Abe's side.  Lia, Hazel, and Olive showed Belle the finer art of pretend play and had a ball together.

Danika and I?  Oh you know, we solved the world's problems with our infinite wisdom.  And agreed that "Baby Mama" is an all-time classic.

Naturally, we hit the beach.  (Unfortunately freezing, but nothing that couldn't be enjoyed in sweats.)  And Danika, who has no interest in baseball, but thankfully plenty of interest in running ... signed her family up to run with us at Angel's Stadium.

I think they had fun too.
But I know Mac was flabbergasted.




By signing up for the race, we also got tickets to that night's pre-season game.  Mac was so glad to see that the Angles finally made their way back to the stadium and were ready to play some ball.


Lia's favorite part was the Kiss-Cam.  Oooo yeah.


We also celebrated Hazel's birthday.  It is so fun to share a birthday week with so many Gunns.


And last but not least, we had a rip-roaring good Easter.




Easter Sunday Best pictures were done in haste this year.



But church was inspiring, and my first attempt at lamb for dinner went without a hitch.

I am so grateful for a relationship with my Savior, and the opportunity to celebrate His victory over death.  It means this beautiful, crazy, fantastic family is mine forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment