Monday, February 1, 2010

My Lovely Aunties


Ooo what fun! My adorable aunts Lori and Ceely came and spent the weekend with us! They are quite the pair. It was extra entertaining to see the two of them together, no kids, no husbands . . . it felt like high school again. It's fun to feel all grown up and get to know my lovely aunts as peers. I always looked up to them, I remember attempting to do my makeup like Ceely's when I was a charming little tween, and Mom informed me that it looked like I had a black eye. I have never been quite able to do it like she does. I also remember trying to convince Mom to buy as many cute clothes for me as wonderful Aunt Lori did for Kenzi, but that didn't quite work out either. Anyway, these gals definitely had a hand in my upbringing, and it is so fun to get to know them on a new level. It also made me excited to have sister getaways with Jamie sometime when I am not nursing. And when we have a little extra money to spend. Let me tell you, these ladies can shop! They are the queens of bargains; we dominated the swap meet, three Ross's, and then I bowed out to give Mac a break while they continued on to the big hair show. Favorite quote came from Lori, as we were walking up to the entrance of the swap meet. The smell of mammoth-sized churros tickled our noses, shouts of: "Four avocados, only a dollar! That's right, four avocados only a dollar!" rang in our ears, and countless racks of clothing sang our names. Lori looks back, eyes wide, and says:
Oh I'm getting the shakes . . . this is like a drug!
It was fantastic. These ladies know how to shop, and I always loved that about them as a kid. I remember being amazed that they could come home with 5 shirts and generally have spent around 10 bucks. They are still that good. I'm pretty sure Ceely could talk Mr. Dolce and Ms. Gabbana into selling her a diamond-encrusted wedding gown for 10 bucks. They had quite the list of things to pick up for friends as well, so their talents were of great use. And they bought me this awesome hat, among other things:

Thank you most wonderful aunties. You have bought your way to my #1 spot. :) Kidding . . . it really was awesome to have them here. We also discussed important topics like the benefits of bling (not so much my thing, but definitely holds a special place in Ceely's heart), awesome crazy friends who want to nurse other people's babies (namely Mac . . . I was speechless; not sure how I stammered my way through that one), how the hair show is the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, the brilliance of the Office, and the tastiness of freshly-fried corn dogs and croissant-donuts. Not to mention all the latest family gossip. Love love love the company!

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously so jealous that I wasn't there! Can I be included next time there is swap meet vacation?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love that last paragraph, sounds just like them! Im glad you guys had fun hopefully you weren't too tired:/ So wish I could have been there too! BUT All... I think I won! Looks like we are going to Riverside California!! (As of now:)) And we'll probbaly come at the end of April! I don't know how to contain my excitment!

    ReplyDelete