Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Day of Intense Feelings

Ooo my gads, I went back to work yesterday! Only for three hours, and only because Dr. Holland was desperate and needed a physical therapist while his current one left to take care of some family issues.

It was insane.

So many emotions! Wonderful Shannon Shaw from the ward took Mac. It's a good thing she's so experienced and fantastic, or I would have shed more than two tears as I walked away. Gee . . . as I drove away I just kept seeing that little face smiling up at me as I backed away towards the door. Rips my heart out!

At the office, Dr. Holland had merely told Betty and Denise that he had a surprise for the afternoon, and as I opened the door they all hollered and rushed to smoother me in hugs. I felt pretty special. They begged me to come back, and I do have to say it was nice to have so many people to talk to. How did I ever get annoyed by people? And so throughout the entire time I was plagued by contradicting emotions; guilt for leaving Mac, (especially where I had never left Mac before, AND poor Shannon was already babysitting someone else) and excitement to be out and about talking to so many great people. Mark got out of school before I finished up, so he brought Mac over. And what do you know, Mac came in all smiles. Apparently he wouldn't take a nap (SO sorry Shannon, he usually does! I had no idea how he would react.) but this had no effect, he was happy as could be. Oh how I melted to see those gorgeous boys of mine walking through that door!

And so I came away from that day deciding to just be really grateful for whatever I'm doing. I'm so glad to be with Mac, I can't imagine having to leave him every day; props to you moms who do it, you are braver than I! And I will also be very glad for every opportunity I get to be out around good people. There's just a lot of goodness everywhere, if you're looking for it.

1 comment:

  1. I finally found your blog. I am so excited. now I can keep up on all you fun things. I am up late because Josh and erin are on their way home from slc and so I am working on my blog.

    ReplyDelete