Thursday, February 25, 2010

Growing Up


A couple more little details about Mac that I don't want to forget:

He sticks his thumb on everything. He doesn't just smack it, he stretches out that thumb and rolls it around on everything near him. Unique. :)

Bath time has changed from a relaxing time to a play time. And a messy time. Mark comes out soaked every time.

He likes to wrap his legs around everything he possibly can; the boy is a monkey! Changing his diaper is getting more and more tricky.

I attempted to give him some mashed-up avocado the other day; they're really good for you, right? Well he gagged and spit and shuddered -- he made quite the scene! I am determined to not have a picky eater, but perhaps I am creating a picky eater by giving him weird food. He wouldn't eat any other food after that episode, I'm quite sure he lost faith in that rubber spoon. That's just as well; I didn't want to regularly feed him solids till six months. He just had so much interest in everything we were eating! I guess I cured that for now, I'm pretty sure he won't mind waiting a few weeks.

Also . . . I have been talking to a couple friends about their babies, and I can't help but feel so shocked at how quick time goes by! How did my little man go from this:



To this ???

And that's in just five months!

I know it sounds pathetically cliche, but it's really crazy how fierce a mom can feel . . . you just feel so desperately in love with your little person! I've heard some moms say it happens the second they hold that baby in their arms, but I think it's been more of a gradual process for me. Of course I cried and loved him when he was first born, but I was also a little scared of him. I think it's just that first time feeling; insecure/excited/apprehensive/hopeful etc. A billion feelings all rolled into one. I think all the most important things in life make you feel that way.

Anyway, I love him. And I really do love being a mom. I never was the biggest fan of babysitting, and therefore worried I might not be the biggest fan of motherhood (though I never would have admitted it if I wasn't). But . . . I love it. I don't know how I can convey these feelings without sounding silly and cliche, so I will just say that it is an honor.

Thanks Mr. Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment