Monday, February 8, 2010

For those of you who don't believe me . . .

Mac does cry on occasion! Here is proof. I have to tell you, I am ridiculously excited that I was actually able to get a video up on this blog! It's never worked for me before!! Anyway, I really didn't take this video just cause he was crying, I took it to show off his new favorite thing: blowing zerbits. Whether he is happy or sad, he sure loves to pucker up those lips and spit everywhere. And of course Mark encourages it as much as he can.

We also gave him a solid for the first time! I've been planning on waiting till he was six months (partially because WIC gives us a ton of stuff for free) to give him anything solid, but on Sunday during breakfast he kept grabbing at our food, like he has been for the past week or two. We've been giving him sips of our water, which he can't quite seem to decide if he likes or not. But on that particular breakfast we had blended up some apples that were a bit bruised to have some applesauce on our pancakes, and Mark decided to share some. Mac loved it. So we broke open some baby spoons and gave him a bit more!

No crazy reactions yet . . . but I'm still thinking I'll wait before I regularly give him solid food.

Ugh. I had another video to put up of him eating that applesauce, but it won't upload. Sigh. I suppose I should be happy with the one I got. Too bad it's the one video I have of him being so sad!! Better luck next post. Anyway, one more thought --

Yesterday in church two gals talked about being barren . . . it really hit me hard, made me a bit emotional. I squeezed Mac a little tighter to me. I can't imagine much worse then never having this joy! Which makes me wonder sometimes . . . what will my trial be? Eesh. No use worrying about it, right? I will just love my little family.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, That was way too cute! I always have problems posting my videos as well. I'm glad that this one worked for you! We can't wait to see you guys! Are disney passes going to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean-being a mom is the greatest joy I have ever experienced! It would be so, so hard to have to deal with not having children.
    Mac is adorable-I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete