Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mistaken (Actually for the First Time)

I was at the grocery store the other day, and this adorable little old lady with big glasses and crazy hair stops me. "Ooo, you looked so strong carrying that car seat through the parking lot!" she tells me. Then she sees Mac and literally gasps.
"Oh my, she is just goreous! I've never seen such a pretty girl!"
He is wearing baseball stuff, which I will also put my girls in, but still . . .
"He is a girl . . .isn't he?" I laugh and break the news that no, he is my little guy. I also add that someday I would like a girl as well.
"Well he's pretty enough to be a girl. I used to dress my son up like a girl all the time. I hid it from my husband."
I wonder what Mark would do if he thought I was doing that . . .
It was an entertaining little afternoon. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's happened to me before! It's definitely one of those that you have to laugh off. Our boys look like strapping young boys, dang it! Haha.

    Thanks for the way nice comment. You are such a good friend and like I said before, I'm so glad we've stayed in touch. Oh, and I won't be running any marathons for a LONG while. I'm hoping to work up to one mile. :)

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember walking through blockbuster with Alexa at 4 months, wearing all pink and a bracelet, and a man said, "well hello Mr. bright eyes! He's a cute fella." Um, excuse me. Never would I ever put jewelry and pink clothes on my boy thank you very much. And seriously if you are unsure what the sex of the child is, just say, "oh, what a cute little thing!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah ah allie! He is too good looking for his own good dangit

    ReplyDelete