So generally I bring lunches to Mark at school. It gives me a reason to get dressed and get out of the house for a bit every day. Also sometimes I leave Mac with Mark and go work out, or run errands, or something thrilling like that. Well yesterday we had a special treat; good old SCUHS provided me with lunch instead! They had a Hawaiian barbecue to top off their "rush" week of sorts, and I made myself welcome. I love Hawaiians and their barbecues. Come to find out, it was Mark's term who put it all on! I'm quite sure we lucked out and got into the best term ever. They are so much fun; they are constantly throwing parties and getting involved in school activities, they treat my boy like a superstar: And they are really just some good, fun, down-to-earth people. I have loved getting to know them. To top off their BBQ extravaganza, they had a gladiator competition! It was hilarious. You first had to face down the velcro track, passed the bullies in lacrosse gear, then through the blow-up course (which was actually a lot bigger than I imagined) and then fly down the slide and hit the circle at the end.
There was an itunes gift card for the fastest time, but unfortunately neither Mark nor I were fast enough to win it. Oh well, it was a super great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment