Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome Home

Hm. I walked to Mark's school today to bring him lunch, it was a lovely 75 degrees and as always very sunny. It seemed like a perfect day for walking. Unfortunately on my way I came upon a man who was slightly wobbly. I was reminded of a day several months ago when I jogged past a stumbling, mumbling drunk who thankfully was being persistently tailed by a cop car. There was no officer rolling behind this guy, and as I neared him I couldn't help but notice his pants were stained and he definitely did not smell like alcohol. I smiled as I past him and tried not to look at what was running down his legs. GEE. What do you do in a situation like that? Ask if he needs anything? Run away quickly? In my struggle to decide, I did nothing. I somehow feel like I let the poor guy down, but how does one prepare for a situation like that? California is an odd place. I'm sure things like that happen in Logan from time to time, but I never saw it.

2 comments:

  1. I'd definitely keep walking....especially with a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO Alll!! I miss you so much, and TRUST ME i thought about you the whole time I was there, you felt so close and still so far away:( and if we were there for more than 2 days I would have hi-jacked a taxi, you know I would haha And YES!! we got them allie thank you so much... I feel so sick I haven't called you yet, im so so sorry. I promise I am calling you soon to finally thank you, this week has been a little crazy haha I forgot I left the house a nightmare slash have to find a job, what the heck... how are you guys though? How was break! Looks like you had fun. Can I just say im so happy you have a blog all, Im glad I can finally stalk you without you knowing! haha love you so much

    ReplyDelete