Tonight was oh-so fun! We spent the entire day inside, it was pouring so hard I felt like we might be swallowed up into the sea! Our poor little putting green out back was completely flooded; the golf balls were floating in their little holes, not to mention our roof has been leaking a bit. It really does make you feel rather small and insignificant. Mother Nature is quite powerful. Speaking of which . . . I have not put one thing down here about the disaster in Haiti. I cannot imagine all the heartache that is being experienced there. It's crazy to see those images on t.v. and know that this is no movie -- this is real life. These people have absolutely nothing. It doesn't feel quite real as I sit here in my cozy home with my wonderful little family. I really need to look into something I can do. Any ideas?
So we spent most of our day inside today, it was nice to have Mark around! I think Mac really likes having someone else to talk to. He did seem to love the rain, he took the most ridiculously ginormous naps today. But of course by late afternoon we were all a little stir-crazy. I actually finished our wedding book this weekend!! Can you believe it?? Only took me two and a half years. But hey, it is now here for all to enjoy. I needed to get a few more plastic page protectors to add the finishing touches, and so we braved the storm and went to Michael's. That is a really fun store to look around in. It's so fun that I came home and filled out their store survey in an attempt to win a $500 gift card there. Wish me luck! Afterward we decided to throw our free groceries to the wind for the night and go visit The Bloom Cafe! A friend told us about it; a tiny hole-in-the-wall Argentine deli. Turns out it was across the street from the hospital where Mac was born! We walked in and it was very cute! Brightly colored, Argentine flags all around. One man sat in the back watching t.v., he jumped up and smiled at us as we walked in. We told him Mark had lived in Argentina for two years serving an LDS mission, and boy did he light up! (I think his name was Nelson maybe? That's what Mark said. It sounded more like "Neshoh" to me.) He immediately switched over to his very fast, smooth, Argentine Spanish. I quickly told him my Spanish was not as good as Mark's . . . good grief, I was getting a headache trying to follow what he was saying! Mark just smiled as he offered us an "empanada de posho" (the "sh" sound has voice to it . . . not sure how else to describe it.) The Argentine saw it and said, "Ah, o de pollo." Mark laughed and said, "No no, hace mucho tiempo . . . es musica para mi." Hehe. He gave us two free empanadas with chimichuri . . . gads it was great. He only serves milanesa de pollo on weekends, so we had milanesa de res instead for our entree. Faaaantastic. Thank you Argentina for having such great food.
No comments:
Post a Comment