
Today was Stake Conference; it was broadcast from Salt Lake to 88 stakes here in southern California. Elder Jeffery R. Holland and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke. It was wonderful! Mark had Mac the entire time, and so I was able to focus a little more on the talks, they were good and powerful and of course brought the Spirit. There was a lot of talk about missionary work, and I know some fantastic missionaries out right now! I thought a bit about my own life and if I'm truly living what I believe, and naturally came up with some mixed results. There is always room for improvement, isn't there? That's why we're here.
I thought about this blog and how really it mostly serves as a journal for me; I much prefer typing to writing and it has the added bonus of updating my family and friends that are so far away right now! But I also realize because this is not a private blog that there could be random people reading my thoughts and experiences. It's a little disconcerting of course, but I've never really been one to keep secrets -- at least about myself. I've always thought that we're all in this life together, right? Why not share, and learn, and grow together? So in case somebody reading this is curious, I just thought I would let you know that I have been given a very special gift . . . I have found truth. The truth. It's real, it's unchangeable, and I can feel it deep within me! There is indeed a plan, everything here has meaning and there is One who loves us all. My knowledge of our Redeemer is a simple one, but it grows slowly and steadily as I strive to be better, to learn more. But it's true. I know it. I just . . . I feel it. Jesus is the Christ, He died on the cross to atone for our sins. There is a God in Heaven, a man of perfected flesh a blood, our Father. He loves us and sent His Son to balance out our imperfections, so long as we are making a valiant effort. I know that the Father and the Son appeared to Joseph Smith and restored the fullness of the gospel. It used to be here, but as time went on and man forgot, it was changed and made confusing; open to any interpretation. Pieces of truth still existed, but nowhere as a whole. But it is here now. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His church. I just know it. We are not a perfect people, only the doctrines are perfect. I know you can know it, too. God loves us all.
I don't know how to get youtube videos on here, but this is a good basic overview if you're curious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnX66fN91-0&feature=related
Go to mormon.org or lds.org to learn more.
Al, I've always thought you had a way with words and reading this deepens that thought. I really admire you and think you are a very special person. Thank you for this wonderful post. Love you!:)
ReplyDelete