Thursday, February 18, 2010

Minor Emergency

Well we had to leave church early last Sunday. I was not prepared enough for the maddness . . . I definitely gained some valuable experience however, and will do much better next time!

After feeding Mac in that lovely little nursing room, I quickly checked his shorts to determine whether or not I should chance changing him . . . we had forgotten to bring wipies. I could only see sogginess, so I thought I would just quickly swap diapers for a new one, to ensure the safety of his cute little pants. Note the technique here (and don't repeat it): I undo the diaper, folding it and setting it under his sweet little tush, and then turn to grab another diaper out of the bag. I'm pretty sure that took a grand total of three seconds, but then I turn around . . . and there is poop everywhere. I will spare you the gory details; I'm pretty sure the internet isn't ready for it and Mark will probably tell me I'm embarrassing our poor little guy. But let me give you these words of advice: don't use diapers as wipies, they are awkward and will run out much quicker than wipies do; and diapers are the one thing you can't do without. Don't forget while cleaning one area that there is another area aiming and ready to fire. Don't go anywhere without a change of clothes for your little one and for you. Don't pack around that handy little changing pad and then never use it.

And so we left church, but not before Mark was able to get his Valentine's cookie from priesthood. I unfortunately missed out on all the relief society goodies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I laughed, though, because I have been in similar situations, as I'm sure most mothers have. Ah the things we think are smart...then realize aren't. :D
    At least we're learning, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was just the laugh I needed today! :) I made the mistake of leaving Sunday School one day, with JUST the diaper and wipes. So, when Kyle hosed down his church clothes in the middle of the diaper change, that left us with the only option of walking back into Sunday School, with a naked baby, to retrieve the diaper bag and change of clothes. I think every one else had a good laugh over it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had those wonderful mothering moments!

    ReplyDelete