Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Four Month Birthday!

Today Mac is four months old! I wish I could think of a new way to say "It goes by so fast" so that I could really get across this feeling that everything in my little man's life is just zooming by . . . just when you get used to one thing he springs something new on me. It's crazy and humbling and I love it. Here are some things I want to remember about him at this stage:
  • He is starting to kick himself in circles. Whenever I leave him on his play mat or his crib, I come back and he is generally facing a completely different way!
  • When he nurses on the right side, he likes to play with my nose. When he nurses on the left, he likes to play with his hair.
  • He is starting to really laugh! It is SUCH a joy. Depending on his mood, laugh-inducers include: daddy eating his neck, mommy eating his armpits, lifting him high and bringing him down quickly, and bouncing on the bed.
  • His left eye is numb. I can't count how many times I've gasped out loud as he jabs his finger into his eye, but then smiles at me, not phased in the least. I think it's because he's had that clogged tear duct since he was two weeks old and we have been rubbing it for almost his entire life.
  • He loves to be outside. Stroller walks and laying on the green are some of his favorite things to do. I love to watch him inspect everything so intently.
  • He smiles at everyone. I don't need to even be near him. He loves to be held and talked to by anyone. I actually really like this, it's been great to witness how a smiling baby can really lift the soul.
  • He has recently discovered his toes. He's not eating them yet, though I feel like he will very soon. He just likes to grab them.
  • I love to watch him on his little play mat as he reaches very slowly for a toy . . . and then squishes it very gently . . . and then suddenly starts hitting it like crazy. It's really funny, I always wonder what he's thinking about.
  • His dimples are getting a little harder to see as he gets chubbier, but it's a good trade. I love the chub.
  • He rolls from his belly to his back if he can remember before he gets too annoyed with the position. He's also starting to go from back to belly, and it surprises him every time.
  • He loves shoving both hands as far as he can into his mouth. It's quite impressive.
  • He only poops once a week to ten days, and then always has a major blow-out. Plus his gas is murderous.
  • Baths are his absolute favorite. Mark usually handles these, and I really love to sit back and watch my cute boys smile at oogle at one another.
  • He really seems to have a gentle, loving presence. He has a good heart. I love love love him, and can't wait to see all the things he will do!
And now for more of his four month photo shoot:






3 comments:

  1. All I can't believe he is so big, seriously im attracted to him haha he is beautiful! You are going to have to be careful with him! And about him having a friend, Mac might be a few years older ha but as I sit at home on my booty waiting for interviews, feeling like a desperate housewife the thought becomes more appealing haha! I am so happy for you guys:) When will you be having another gorgeous child that I can stalk, serious allie he is a beautiful little boy:)With a beautiful little mommy and daddy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it blow your mind that it's like whenever you turn around another month has flown by? Each stage keeps getting cuter, but dang it goes too fast. We need to chat soon! I'm hoping I can make our plan work of coming out there during Shane's spring break but his parents might be coming out again around that time. We'll see...maybe I can figure out how to put my foot down this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SO adorable! I can't believe how quickly they grow and change, the great thing is, they just seem to keep getting cuter!

    ReplyDelete