Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 1 Break Adventures

Well it has been a good week. I feel like we are finally getting out and taking advantage of this state! We have been attempting to discover all of those obscure little things that make this place unique, and we've got a pretty good list going.

And we have learned a lot in our adventures, namely:
  • Disneyland is even more magical with a bitter breeze and a light drizzle; nobody is there and the rides a thousand times better!
  • Mac really likes putting his thumbs in his nose. Too much. We've had three bloody noses this week.
  • Ryan is REALLY good with cars; he brought my neon back from the dead! She's still got some life left in her. Thank you Ryan! And Mark is becoming even more handy . . .
  • Writing a book is actually kind of scary; perhaps I will write with an alias. Then people won't know how nerdy I really am.
  • BIG DISCOVERY: we now know why Mac has not been sleeping so well the last few nights . . . he's got his first tooth! And enjoys licking it and running his bottom lip over it.
  • Gremlins is a ridiculous movie and does not fit into any genre I am aware of.
  • Soup bowls are so good.
  • Chocolate dipping parties are fabulous, leftovers are troubling.
  • The Arboratum closes at five. You cannot see it all in an hour. We will be back.
  • We would really like to go on a cruise.
  • The Queen Mary is haunted.
  • The Queen Mary has a very loud fog horn.
  • There is a Scottish shop on the Queen Mary, and I could've stayed there all day. The sweet old clerk was very kind and her accent was divine. Mac was "the youngest Gunn I've seen in quite some time." I wish she would've said "wee" or "lad"; America must be getting to her. I want to go to Scotland very badly.
  • There is a Scottish Festival in February, and I am mildly obsessed.
  • Baby forts are easy to make and provide a lot of entertainment.
  • Going out to eat is wonderful, only mildly less enjoyable with tired little boys.
  • Ducks are not quite as neat as goats.
We are looking forward to week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment