Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Logunns

Hurrah, they came to visit! Mark's brother and his fabulous family are heading out to Haiti to . . . well, basically they're going to save the country. Matt has a wealthy friend who's looking to do some good, and Matt is going to be his hands by creating a school, a business, houses, and who knows what else to help the Haitians to help themselves! It was awesome to hear about, this family is amazing.

They're leaving in just a couple months, but thankfully had some free Disneyland tickets from their day of service and happened to be in St. George earlier this week, a mere six hours away. So they swung down to make use of those tickets and let us bask in their magnificence. The trip actually was probably a bit of a bummer for them . . . Danika has developed some intense foot issues and Matt was working like mad on getting things set up for Haiti, but being the selfish person I am I was super glad they came anyway!

Unfortunately, all of Utah decided to come along with them. Disneyland was RIDICULOUS, I have NEVER seen it that busy. Luckily the kids are small enough that they're more interested in the shows and walk-through wonders like Tarzan's Tree House than they are in any rides. And it turns out Danika's bum foot actually benefited everyone; they got to be in the wheelchair lines which were shorter! (Though not much.)

Without Mark (he had to go back to take a test in the middle of the day) it got a bit intense pushing two strollers and a wheelchair with only two completely functioning adults . . . but we managed.

Hazel lost a shoe, but Disneyland is still magical in socks. Maybe even more so.
We took turns hanging out with the babies. At one point Mark and I had Lia, Hazel, Olive, and Mac while the others went on Indiana Jones. I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could, and came back to find a baby in each of his arms and a little girl on each shoulder. I wish I had taken a picture. Mark informed me that Mac might be an only child.

I think he was kidding . . . .

Luckily because basically everyone there was from Utah, they were all super understanding with kids and it was a very pleasant day. We met people from Spanish Fork, Draper, and even Logan!

Mac slept about twenty minutes all day, but was surprisingly good-tempered. As soon as we got in the car he crashed.

The next day we sat around and talked all morning, which was maaaarvelous. Danika is just so great to talk to. She loves to analyze things with me, and she's hilarious. A perfect combination. Plus she's no stress, which I love. They are basically your ideal guests. We then went out to Huntington Beach, and I think everyone from Disneyland came with us. Once again, I have NEVER seen it so packed!!

It was quite windy, but the kids still managed to love it.
Well, they loved it for about an hour anyway. That's enough time to make a sand castle and find some neat shells, I guess. Then we headed home and topped off our trip with My Thai and Mark gave out a round of adjustments. It was pretty exciting; it was the first time Mark had adjusted someone who was not a classmate or me. And he did GREAT! It just reaffirmed that I am a difficult person to adjust and that Mark is indeed getting the hang of it.

Thanks Matt and Dan, we love you to pieces and are SO glad you stopped by before you head out on your crazy Haitian adventure!!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at the wheelchair stroller parade picture!!! Oh my how embarassing! Why do these things always come my way? Thank you so much for your flattering post on our family:) And thanks for being great hosts for our California vacation! I'm so happy we snuck it in.

    ReplyDelete