This was another superb week. We had a fantastic spring break; I'm really glad we stuck around and got to know our area a bit better. Now we know more fun things to do if you ever come visit us! Here are some lessons learned:
Visiting teachers can be fun. Incredible, actually. Especially when they provide you and your husband with tickets to accompany them to an Angel's game for visiting teaching that month. Mine must be inspired. Thanks Janae.
Tide Pools provide hours of entertainment. Poking anemones, finding shells, even seeing enormous slugs, cute barking seals, and dolphins. Lindy and Ryan know all the secrets of Southern California.
People in Corona del Mar are wealthy. Their houses are fun to stare at.
Mark does not even need to try in order to annihilate everyone at Clue. In fact, he will just guess on his third turn and win. Twice. In a row.
Jeff is slightly less recognizable without a bandanna. Mac enjoys the colorful foreheads. He also thoroughly enjoys Jeff's adorable date. He is already a lady killer. I'm going to have my hands full in the future, I think.
Bridger loves my homemade Cafe Rio burritos. Gabe does not. However, Gabe likes them more than pumpkin pancakes; there is no dry heaving when forced to have a bite.
Gabe does, however, like buttermilk syrup.
Mac loves Bridger's face. And Gabe's. And Madelyn's singing. And Colin's studliness.
Mac likes little people.
Ceely has some awesome friends.
If you happen to go to the beach and it is windy and miserable, try again the next day. If it is again, go a third day. It's destined to be good weather one of the three; this is California we're talking about here.
Don't ever park in the three minute parking and leave your kids in the car while you buy a delicious raspberry-cream cheese donut. You will be confronted by a mean little woman.
Mark is a good boy scout; he can roast twenty hot dogs and fifteen s'mores in a stolen fire pit at break-neck speed with ease.
Movie night should be every night.
Ikea will never let you down.
The sound of crashing waves will put Mac to sleep every time.
Hot tubs are great for relaxing after a cold windy day at the beach; also good for cleaning off a bunch of sandy, sticky kids before they go in your house.
Everyone should have Ceely and Alicia come stay at your house. They will spoil you rotten.
Thanks for the comment Allie! I seriously thought Boston was just perfect and dandy until my doctor acted all concerned about his weight gain. Looking at him, he does not appear underweight! Plus, since he was so chubby before, isn't it just natural for things to eventually even out?
Anyway, enough of my drama:) I just have to say I REALLY REALLY hope I'm as cute and fun and adventurous as you when Shane and I are away for his schooling (which feels like a million years away!). It always seems like you are doing such awesome, interesting, fun things with all kinds of friends and family. And I really love your laid-back-ness (it's a word, haha).
And I would LOVE to see you but I'll be in Ohio starting next week for the whole summer. Curses! :( But a trip is in the works to DL for Shane's October break! EEE!:)
Thanks for the comment Allie! I seriously thought Boston was just perfect and dandy until my doctor acted all concerned about his weight gain. Looking at him, he does not appear underweight! Plus, since he was so chubby before, isn't it just natural for things to eventually even out?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, enough of my drama:) I just have to say I REALLY REALLY hope I'm as cute and fun and adventurous as you when Shane and I are away for his schooling (which feels like a million years away!). It always seems like you are doing such awesome, interesting, fun things with all kinds of friends and family. And I really love your laid-back-ness (it's a word, haha).
And I would LOVE to see you but I'll be in Ohio starting next week for the whole summer. Curses! :( But a trip is in the works to DL for Shane's October break! EEE!:)
I love the pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Those tide pools look awesome-I'm so wishing we lived that close to the beach!
ReplyDeleteOh, and that close-up of Mac with his little hat on...to die for!
You guys are such a cute family! Looking forward to seeing you soon Allie!
ReplyDelete