Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5 Year Olds

I teach them at church. They are hilarious. I wish I could laugh out loud without making them feel silly. Here are some favorites from last week's lesson:

Shannon (my team teacher): Does anyone know what healing is?
Kaden: When a scab turns to skin.

When asked what everyone had done throughout their week, little red-haired Nathan rubs his head so very tenderly and says: "Wull, my hair looks really nice." I want a red-head.

Shannon shows them a picture of a kid receiving a blessing, and Nathan states: "That boy is being prayed."

We played a game, and it greatly affected Miles. This was his closing prayer: "Dear Heavenly and the Father . . . thank you that we could play a game, even though the girls won. We know it doesn't matter."

I can't wait for Mac to say cool things like this, I hope I remember to write them all down.

2 comments:

  1. I heard of a mom from my parents' ward that keeps a steno notebook (the top-flip kind) for each one of her kids in a drawer in her kitchen so whenever they say something awesome like that she can write it down right away before she forgets it.

    I'm going to do that, because it would be a shame to not write down those funny little things they think of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fun aren't they? I love that they all bless the food in every prayer too. And I also love how Nathan says, "Well..." before every sentence.

    ReplyDelete