
Anyway . . . we spent most of the time they were here sitting around/eating. Which was great; it was awesome to catch up with them. Mark had a great long talk with Ryan and finally really understood that I was not exaggerating in the least when I say he's a genius, and the real live Jack Bauer. Then Monday I went and saw When In Rome with Ceely and had lunch at Cheesecake Factory . . . an absolutely fabulous lady's afternoon. Plus Mac. After that it was off to the airport, and though I enjoyed myself, I came home to Mark feeling like the crappiest hostess ever. I am pretty sure people can stare at the t.v. anywhere (even if ours is awesome and new) and especially don't want to do that around here. And if I'm going to be convincing all of you to come stay with us, I need to have a slew of activities to thrill you with!
Any suggestions?
Then last night I finally got to find out what happened on Biggest Loser . . . OH MY GADS!! It was nuts, I officially can't stand Michael. WHY did he have immunity, they could have voted him right off! We then watched the premier of Parenthood, which made me laugh and cry, and I told Mark I was really looking forward to Thursdays because of the Office, Parks and Rec, and now this hilarious looking show called the Marriage Ref! Then Mark said, "Wow. Sounds like some great exploring."
Gee. I am pathetic. I promise I don't watch t.v. all day . . . in fact, I don't have it on at all until Ellen comes on at four . . . and I don't watch her religiously. It's just nice to have something on while cooking. But I really don't want to be that family that gets together finally at the end of a long day . . . and just stares at the tube. At least not every night.
So now I will be exploring. Again, if there are any amazing places around here you feel I must see, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment