Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cervical Adjustment!

This is a big moment, for me almost as much as it is for Mark. He does really great with my thoracic area, SIs, and feet; lumbar is improving a whole bunch as well. But my neck has been practically untouchable . . . mostly because I am still quite terrified of getting it adjusted.

Chiropractics are a new thing for me; I experienced my first adjustment about three years ago through Mark's oldest brother Josh, and the neck TERRIFIED me. I thought it was going to just rip right off! So as I married into a family choc-full of chiropractors, I have gotten used to and even enjoyed being adjusted . . . except for my neck. Eeesh. It feels so unnatural.

But Mark has been easing me into the whole process; he's been immersing me in it really. Every hug has an ulterior motive. He'll come home from school, wrap me in a big bear hug, and then I feel his fingers inching up each ridge in my spine, which results in his pulling out the portable adjusting table ninety percent of the time.

It's actually really nice right now; he takes his time and so it ends up including some muscle work, which is fabulous. If you're feeling brave, you should come on over and ask for an adjustment; he loves to practice. He's gotten me so relaxed that he actually adjusted one little part of my neck the other day! Biiiiig deal.

2 comments:

  1. OH I wish I could just come over and have him adjust my back and neck! Maybe the next time you guys come to Utah...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allie, I saw your blog on Karen's blog. I read a few posts. This is such a fun blog! OK, I hate getting my neck adjusted too. I refuse. I can never quite relax it when they try bc I am so freaked out. I will send a blog invite to you for my blog.

    ReplyDelete