Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day of Birth

Welp, I have now been around twenty three years. And it definitely seems crazy, I still feel like a little immature teenager most of the time . . . then I see my hot husband and adorable baby and think, "Oh yeah . . . I'm a grown-up now." But I swear I shouldn't be, isn't there some kind of test you have to pass which informs you that you've officially matured enough to be considered a responsible, functioning adult? Or more importantly that you've matured enough to be a parent! It's funny how when you're younger you always expect that grown-ups are so . . . grown up. And then one day you look in the mirror and realize that YOU are supposed to be a grown up!

I have to say it's pretty enjoyable though. When your own parents become more of an ultra-beloved/respected peer than a reigning authority, life becomes a little more intense. More bitterness, more sweetness, and even everything in between is just . . . more. I love our little life and I wouldn't have it any other way!

To commemorate this super-important occasion, Mark was a champ. Even with ICE exams coming up, he came straight home from his half-day of school, whisked me away to Disneyland, and we explored all the obscure nooks and crannies we had by-passed in our usual manic attempt to get in our money's worth. Season passes are DIVINE, they have made the park so much more magical for us! After our free three hours of parking at Downtown Disney were up, we began to head home. Mark gave me my pick of restaurants, but with Mac's bedtime looming and yet one more birthday activity, I decided on a classic Subway sandwich and Yogurtland. Ooo it was divine. Then Mark took me shopping! We only shopped about fifteen minutes and only went to Ross, but still . . . I don't know if Mark's ever said "Hey, let's go buy you something." So we bought a swimsuit to add the the rest of my birthday spoils: a ginormous beach umbrella and a slip (which I've been talking about forever; knee-length skirts + spandex garments = trouble).

We topped off the night with our current Netflix, "Stranger than Fiction". I forgot how funny it was. All that plus lots of phone calls and texts and facebook messages made for a fabulous way to ring in my twenty third year!

No comments:

Post a Comment