And he is not sleeping very well.
For the past week he's been waking up every hour starting at three! Then the other night he woke up at three and we couldn't get him back to sleep till four thirty!! That is unheard of for this guy. During the day he just seems a little unsettled . . . like somethings just annoying him.
Oh I am tired.
I know, you're probably rolling your eyes and thinking, "Come on Allie, my kid slept waaay less than yours does and it was no big deal." And you're right. I am a wuss. I would like to blame this on Mac. He started sleeping through the night at two and half months (10-6) and has only steadily gotten better (7-7). He spoiled me rotten, and I took it for granted.
So really, this is just a little reality check that hey, I'm a mom now, and moms don't sleep, remember? So I will just take it and smile and revel in the fact that I do get to witness every moment in my little man's life. Even if I'm a little bleary-eyed.
Of course you can't be too mad in the moment, that sweet little face just melts my heart! Poor little guy, hope it gets better soon.
Yes, you are right: Moms don't sleep.
ReplyDeleteBut being a mom is still the best thing ever!
I'm sorry about the teething-Nicholas just barely got through his first four teeth, and he did the wake-up-every-hour thing too. Bleh. Luckily, though, the teeth will come through and then you should have your awesome little sleeper back.