Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gunn Family Dinners

One of the greatest things about moving to northern Utah has been all the Gunn cousins.

There's a lot of them.

12 live within 30 minutes of us.

So once a month-ish we've been doing Gunn family dinners.  They involve lots of wrestling, playing outside, squealing kids and from-scratch cooking.  

I need to bring my camera to the next one ... usually I'm so busy talking and eating I don't think about snapping many photos.





This was the main reason we had to move back to Utah.  There's a great quote (which of course, I can't find right now), that talks about how children need to be around people of all ages and genders and sizes, different in every way but tied together by blood.  There's just no way for a mother and father to make up for the loss of all those relationships on their own.

That was important to us.

And now we have it; access to our family.  It has been very very worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment