Thursday, October 2, 2014

California Friends!

A surprise benefit of this move to Utah has been our proximity to the mother of one of my closest California friends.

She's from the area we moved to; just around the corner from our apartment complex, in fact.  But she married a Californian, and after chiropractic school they bought a practice down there and are doing incredibly well.

Well enough ... that she flies back to visit her mama.

And me.


Mac was thrilled to have his best-buddy-Sethala come visit; he asked for sleepovers and wanted to hang out every day.

Kinda made my mama heart really really sad.

(We have to find a house with friends around.)

So we played nearly every day they were here, competing with her poor family for their short time in Salt Lake.

We even had them over for Sunday dinner, just like back in California ... ah!  I miss friends!

Specifically, I miss friends with no family around ... it seems like everyone I've met around here has gobs of family on both sides within minutes.

But honestly, I do too.

So friends have taken a back-seat while we have been soaking up cousin time, and it is certainly worth it.  It's a trade we knew we were walking into.

Still ... I'm quite grateful to be so close to the Bias's family.  Lindy and Ryan have suffered and celebrated with Mark and I through student loans, exams, government aid, first-ever babies and crappy apartments.

It is so nice to know I can catch up with them in person from time to time as we all grow into competent, contributing citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment