My babies have never experienced Pioneer Day.
I love the holiday; it's like a Mormon extension of the 4th of July. My hometown had fireworks and parades and cook offs, all the extra summer celebrating was a major bonus.
So I looked forward to my children experiencing their first Pioneer Day with great anticipation! But we did not end up celebrating in a classic Thomas-family tradition ...
We did it the Gunn-style.
Which of course means baseball.
Some friends invited us to come watch the Bees play for Pioneer Day; they were having fireworks after the show.
We jumped right on board.
The kids rode a train, Mac and Mark kept score, and I got to talk with our one California friend who made the trek back to Utah as well.
And to top the night off ... we sat in center field to watch the fireworks; exactly where Mike Trout used to play.
Pioneer Day was celebrated on holy ground this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment