In September, I hit 30 weeks.
I cannot believe I have a mere 10 weeks before our little family becomes a family of 5.
That sounds so big ...
I have felt so big too. I have certainly gained more weight with this sweet little man than I have with either of my first two. It's stressful, but it makes sense; I've been lifting a little at the gym (which makes me hopeful some of the weight is muscle), and I've been eating plenty of amazing food with all the family hang-outs we've been attending.
I have felt great. Tired and hungry ... but great.
As long as I get some protein.
Hard-boiled eggs have been my protein of choice; they're quick and fast and as I've gotten better at cooking them, they're really tasty. I'm hoping to hang on to this habit after delivering my son; I've always hated hard boiled eggs up until he came around. But now they're everything I need, and they take away the occasional dizziness I feel almost instantly.
But now, as I'm moving to the end of pregnancy, I'm starting to feel all those fun holy-smokes-everything-is-smashed-inside-of-me feelings. It's hard to breath. It's hard to sit up. I can't bend over very well, and this sweet little man kicks me constantly. The first 20 weeks or so, I could hardly feel a thing because of my anterior placenta. But now this dude is so big that even my massive placenta can't hide him; his toes curl around my rib cage and his head knocks on my pelvis all day long.
As uncomfortable as it can be, it's so sweet and reassuring ... I hope he hangs on to all that activity; he'll need it when he comes to hang out with his brother and sister.
So now we have entered the 10 week countdown, and we are scrambling to prepare for our little man. Moving is the top priority, but I'm finally starting to pack up my birth center bag and pull out all the baby clothes. I try to imagine you in them. Will you start out with lots of dark hair, like both of your siblings did? Will it stay? Will you outweigh them both? Will you sleep for us? Mac and Belle were SO different from the very get-go, I'm just thrilled to see your little personality shine through.
I hope we have a new home to bring you back to my tiny, wiggly man, but know that wherever we are, we will be together and it is going to be fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment