Without money in Califonria, that meant frequent walks to parks and friends' houses, carpooling to the beach, and strolling through Target. When Mark started working down there, we added season passes to Disneyland, then Knott's Berry Farm; trips to the children's museum and little into-to-sports classes for Mac.
Then as we moved to Utah, it's been family event after family event. I feel like I have saved loads of money by eating at all our relatives' homes instead of my own, but made up for it in all the gas I've guzzled as we've zipped up and down the state of Utah.
But I've loved it.
Now, however, Mac is gearing up for his first full year of preschool. I asked around all winter long, and found one that has an incredible teacher, is reasonably priced, and very close to home. It's a transitional kindergarten, so it's four days a week for three hours each day.
That's 12 hours every week without Mac. 12 hours I have to commit my life to. It's thrilling and terrifying ... I'd be so sad to see my baby off ... except that he is very ready. He needs friends, he needs new experiences ... I think he's going to love preschool.
So just before it started, we planned two final trips.
One to my mom's for a week.
We just had to; Dad's blackberries were on, and were in desperate need of somebody to thin them out a bit.
We are really good at that.
| "Wook, Mom. I Batman." |
| "Nananananananananana Batman Belle!" |
| Mac and I spent a solid hour organizing all the legos pieces. And then we created a tractor. It was incredible. |
| Mac watched Paw Patrol and American Ninja Warrior on the DVR every single day, and when the t.v. was off, he busied himself making his own Ninja Warrior courses. |
So weird that now I'm going to have to work around school schedules to do this sort of thing.
But Mama is only an hour away now ... child's play next the 13 I used to drive from L.A.
No comments:
Post a Comment