Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Attempt at Discipline

Utterly failed.

He bit me! Hard. So I flicked his cheek and said, "No," as seriously as an aching appendage would inspire me to do so. He immediately let go.

And started laughing.

So I started laughing.

Pretty funny ... but I'm feeling some negative foreshadowing here ... I need to improve my mommy skills I think.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha you flicked him? :) I would've laughed too. LOL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been trying to teach Nicholas to stay out of the shoes by the door by clapping loudly to get his attention, telling him "no" in my best stern mommy voice, and then picking him up and moving him away from the shoes -it used to be that every time we'd say no he'd just burst into giggles-which of course made it really hard for us to not laugh too. :D But it seems like lately, he's starting to figure it out. Maybe it just takes consistency??

    As for the biting, I was completely lost for ideas, but maybe I'll try the flicking thing. :D Haha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I suppose I must clarify ... he was still attached, hence the flick. It was a reaction! Didn't work though. Do I keep flicking? Scare the tar out of him? That makes me sad to even think about ... but the biting business is not a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick! One bite is enough to make you never want to nurse again! I just tapped his cheek with my finger and said no....he started crying....so did I. I never did that again, and he never bit me again. It is so hard to not laugh when they are! That's actually pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete