Sunday, June 20, 2010

Book Club

The ten cent books I bought at the library have sucked me in to reading again. I've realized there are a lot of good books I have yet to read, and my list has grown quite a bit, starting with some important classics. I have discovered that classics are classics for a very good reason. They make you think! That's all well and good, but now I need to find people to talk to them about. Hence my intense desire to join a book club.

I don't know of any around here.

I'd like to start my own.

But how would we get books? I'm pretty cheap and could not justify purchasing a book every month, though that does sound tempting ...

Well, if you have any suggestions or experiences, I would love to hear them.

(I finally read Fahrenheit 451, which was a great perspective-builder. Then also read Gap Creek, which was actually quite scandalous and depressing, but a true story, and one that made me incredibly grateful for my own life and marriage. If you're married you should read it ... and then call me. I'd LOVE to dissect this book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment