Ah, my family came to visit this week. For the entire week! It was so very nice to have them here. Our adventures included:
Sunday dinner ... in a crock pot ... and adding a side of broccoli. It is a big deal to break out of that mold, but I think my dad handled it pretty well.
Toby Tyler! Have you seen that movie? So cute. I loved it as a kid, and watching it now only makes me love it even more.
Being at church and having seven people to entertain Mac ... wow what a difference.
Disneyland with RideMax ... the only way to go if you are only there for one day. Dad downloaded it to my computer, so now I have yet another reason to tempt you to come stay with me. (Holly, I wish we would've had it when you were here! Danika ... it's a sign ... you need to come back.)
I think Mac has an allergy. Or a spider bite. Either way, his lip swelled up enormously, and if I hadn't had a blossoming chiropractor (Mark), a physical therapist (Dad), and two nurses (Mom and Jamie ... she passed her boards!) telling me he would be fine, I think I would've slightly melted down. The only scary thing is I have no idea what caused it.
Beaches, beaches, beaches! We did the favorites; Corona del Mar, Newport, and Laguna. Mac really seemed to enjoy the sand this time, his limited attention span was stretched farther than I've seen it in quite a while.
Shopping. I love having mom around.
Also, I think I hit a big "growing up" moment this trip ... it was one of those times when I started to see everything my mom has done over the years. I'm finally getting to the point where I can know what needs to be done without having to be asked (Mom, sorry I never perfected that while I lived at home!), and nearly every time I have gone to do the dishes, put things away, throw in a load, fold something, or wipe something off, it has already been done. My mom was one step ahead of me all week long. It was like that mysterious cleaning fairy that lived in my parent's house had decided to visit ... and oooo was it nice.
Jake has become quite the musician. We listened to his songs, he is writing now too!
Mark adjusted everyone! First adjustment for my entire family ... except Jamie. Mark's brother Josh got to her first. He did great, especially with the pressure of being the first to adjust my father, the formerly-anti-chiropractic physical therapist. And he made it through Jamie's giggling fits. Good work Marcus.
Went yard saleing ... and that will have to have it's own post.
No comments:
Post a Comment