Sunday, June 20, 2010

9 Months



Mac is now 9 months old! Good grief that is crazy. I went to visit a gal from church who just had this sweet baby girl. She was six pounds seven ounces, and tiny. Mac was even one ounce smaller ... what happened to my baby??



Well he is a real gem these days. He's getting quite the personality; outgoing, bashful, entertainer, and whiner all seem to describe him at one point or another. Gone are the days when he would just sit serenely in my lap. I do miss those, but he's quite a bit more fun now. He:

  • Talks to you. Sort of. He grunts or makes a hawking sound in his throat (yeah, like a loogie) and then waits for you to respond. He could do that all day.
  • Is moving ... with help. He attempts some sort of rolling/army crawl if you get set his binky just out of reach. (Which, by the way, I consider that a great benefit of his binky addiction; I don't think he would ever be on his belly longer than a second if he didn't have obtaining that darn binky blotting out every other thought.)
  • He loves to bounce and walk, though he's definitely working on building his confidence. He'll stand on his own for about two seconds until he realizes you aren't holding him, and then promptly sits down.
  • He loves any real food; the mashed-up baby jars are getting more and more difficult to feed him. I probably wouldn't bother with them at all if we didn't get so many for free from our blessed WIC checks.
  • He falls asleep on his own! I wrap him up, rock him for a bit, and then lay him down. Sometimes he squeals, sometimes he doesn't ... but he's usually fast asleep within about five minutes. That makes me excited.
  • He is very very ticklish.
  • He loves baths. Recently he has discovered the magic of the drips coming out of the faucet. He stared at them and tried to touch them for a solid five minutes. Very precious.
  • He still thumbs everything, but now he rotates with his pointer a bit. One of his favorite toys is a wiffle ball; it rolls so he can go after it, and best of all, there are probably twenty little holes that perfectly fit his little fingers.
  • His favorite book is "Caps for Sale". Every time I read what the monkeys say ("tsk, tsk, tsk"), he giggles and giggles. It's quite precious.
  • He is beginning to really love other little kids. Church is a riot.

No comments:

Post a Comment