Saturday, August 3, 2013

Panguitch Balloon Rally

I almost hesitate to post this ...

It's just that the Balloon Rally is the best kept secret in the state of Utah, and I'd hate to be the one to kill it.

However, this event is too incredible to miss.

So people ... mark it in your calendars.  Panguitch, Utah holds a balloon festival every year during the last weekend on June.  The Gunn family makes it a tradition every year, and for the first time Mark and I were able to go.

My week of driving from California to, St. George,  on to Moab, and back to St. George ended with one last drive out to Panguitch.  Belen was devastated, but it was well worth it.




















This was a game of "Keep Adam away from Sam" started by the older Gunn cousins.  Grandma joined in.

The younger cousins followed suit and started their own wrestling match.

(Sorry for the picture overload ... I promise I did try to slim down.  It's just painful to leave out these awesome pictures!)

The rest of the weekend was spent drinking chocolate milk, eating what Chris could "throw together" (delicious), cousin craziness, a homemade slip n' slide, and chatting the day away.  Adam and Sam slipped out for a movie alone, Rachelle organized our combined food prep efforts, Ashlee represented the ladies in a mountain bike ride with the boys, we laughed till we cried as we watched "Duck Dynasty", and a neighbor spotted the newlyweds Sarah and Adam barreling down the freeway to their honeymoon destination at breakneck speed.  So funny.









And finally, we spent Saturday evening out on the town, where all the ballooners set up their balloons, lighting main street brilliantly.

Mac was a bit scared of the torches, which really, isn't too hard to understand:



But honestly ... what an incredible weekend.  Well worth the drive.

So put it in your calendar ... I'll see you there next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment