Mac really got in to our little holiday when Mark explained that it was the birthday of our family.
Well done, sweetheart. You almost had me believing you liked celebrating this one.
Being that our anniversary was a Sunday, I took the romantic meal-making duties on myself. I found the recipe for the Olive Garden's old Chicken Giardino; a favorite from years back. The dish only existed for a few months on the menu, which happened to be nearly the same months that Mark and I met, fell in love, and worked together there. Of course it wouldn't be complete without a salad (and two olives ... such lame salad-making rules at the OG) and bread sticks. I did my chef-iest, and Pandora added the final touch: the "Classic Italian" station.
Mark laughed out loud.
I love holidays. I love celebrations. And boy do I love love. So naturally, this would be one of my favorite times of the year. Of course, if I happened to say, "let's not do anything", what I really meant was "let's not spend any money", which indeed is an important distinction ... unfortunately, one that never quite made it to my lips. Bless my husband's pressured heart, he made sure Mac sat and watched our entire wedding and reception video, talking our beginnings up to be something special.
And you know, they really were. I remember seeing Mark from a distance on my first training day. Having just returned from working in Island Park all summer, I loved his "cowboy shaped" body. You know, broad shoulders, tiny rear end? Perfect man curves. I thought to myself, "It's a good thing I'm not interested in boys right now, because that one would be very tempting."
So much for that.
It only took two months before that thought morphed into, "All those things I've got planned ... I'd rather do them with him, or not at all."
One came in the form of a backpacking trip to Havasupai with fourteen friends. Two of which were seriously dating, and contemplating marriage. Being engaged at the time, we were a source of information. "How did you know Allie was the one?" this friend asked Mark.
Mark replied, "Well, it's not so much that there's a 'one' out there for you somewhere. It's more that you find somebody, and for one reason or another, they just do something special to you. Then you decide and make the commitment to spend the rest of your life learning how to be the one for them."
Isn't he the greatest?
Happy anniversary, sweetheart. Sure glad you're mine forever.



This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete6 years! Wahoo! Go Gunn family :) We hope you guys are doing well
ReplyDelete