Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jamie and Michael Wright, Married July 20, 2013

Oh my stunningly gorgeous, sugary sweet, fireball of a little sister ...


If you were to look up feminine strength in the dictionary, the above picture is what you would find.  Don't be fooled by her scrawniness, that girl has pure power coursing through her veins.  Dedication and determination are met with an undeniable gentleness and kindness to forming this incredible creature that is my sister.  I have always been in awe of her.  When we were teenagers, little girls flocked to her goodness and boys my age cowered in fear.  She was the 4.0 honor student who was never late (until we shared a class together and the teacher couldn't tell us apart ... I got most of my tardies laid on her poor shoulders), and was loved by everyone.  Serving her fellow man has been the hallmark of her 24 years.  What comes naturally to her has taken me four years of motherhood to begin to touch on.

She is the bee's knees.

Well, finally one boy stepped up to the plate and proved to us that he could love her like she deserves to be loved.  So he popped the question, and Jamie gave him a hearty yes.  And now these two are married.


And what an event!  Prepare yourself for my longest post yet.

I arrived two weeks early to be her favorite roommate one last time ... and help plan.

Also, to jump naked.  To jog the mornings away.  And to celebrate Jamie's 24th birthday.

It's hose water, don't worry.




Jake is unbeatable when it comes to staring contests.

Jamie's birthday spoils benefited Michael as well ... it's good to have a birthday and a wedding next to each other!



Between all that, we also hit up the Logan pool, went hiking, did the jump zone, went out to lunch, played in the hose water and burned through Nana's tivo.  (Mac discovered Ninja Turtles.)  We moved Jamie into her new apartment, and she and I shopped for all the last minute necessities of newlywed life.

We then attended an open house in Bountiful to catch Michael's friends and family there.





Jake was starstruck by Michael's friend Andrew, who is apparently a YouTube sensation.



And finally, Mark arrived the day before their wedding.  I missed him.  (Brace yourself, I'm about to get sappy up in here.)  I felt more than ever that Mark is my home.  Not Logan, not L.A.  He is where I am comfortable, where I feel love and peace.  Wherever we move will be just fine by me.

With all that love in the air, we spent the last day of Jamie's singleness entertaining the masses of family pouring in to support my sister.

She went to bed early, declaring, "I feel ready.  Not really nervous.  It's time."

We started with the 8:30 a.m. sealing ceremony at the Logan temple.  Michael's grandfather sealed the two, and delivered a powerful message of dedication and love.  And with that one simple, momentous ceremony, it was done.  Mr. & Mrs. Wright, ladies and gentlemen:

Photos courtesy of Bodie Brower, a family friend who happened to do my wedding photos as well.
He is incredibly skilled.
http://www.bodwa.com/bodwaflash.html
Aaaah!  My seeeeeester!  

The only picture Belle smiled for all day.  Thank you Bodie!








These two stayed to take gorgeous picture after gorgeous picture, while the rest of us headed over to get ready for the luncheon.  The gorgeousness was hard to step away from, and they ended up being a solid half our late to the reception ... without even giving us the satisfaction of funny looks to exchange.

The luncheon was delicious and quite precious ... highlighted by the two of them telling their "how we met and made it here" story together.  There were a few disagreements, which made it all the more charming.

Next, it was time for reception setup.  I was in charge, and had mountains of help from my relatives.  I will never forget Uncle Bryan scrubbing bird poop off the stones.  It was touching; there is just no way I could have put it all together without them.

The USU Alumni Center turned out beautifully.  (Of course, that could just be because Bodie can make anything look incredible.)











We had cameras to give out to the kids, so we could get all kinds of pictures from all kinds of perspectives.  It was so much fun!


These three sang and played the night away, thanks to one of our favorite neighbors in the world, Zac Bettinger.  Jamie and I used to lay awake on summer nights, listening to him strum on his front porch next door.










We didn't want the day to end (partially because we had to drive all the way to St. George that night ... hello 4 a.m. arrival); everything went so perfectly.

But of course, how could it not?

This is my sister, Jamie Elise Wright we're talking about here.

And that girl, people, is as good as gold.

Bodie put this on facebook saying, "Part 3 of Another Edition to a magazine that never happened, but should have."
Amen, Bodie.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and flawless, all of it (and all of you!) So happy for Jamie!

    ReplyDelete