I thought she would finally be satisfied.
Why in the world did I ever think that?
Now it's like she's realized: "There's a whole world out there, and it's all within my reach! Bwahahaha!"
Like this picture. She took off while I was attempting to change her diaper, zipped right up the stairs, and squealed and laughed and bounced as I chased her. (And paused to take a picture.)
In church, if I let her out of my pew, it's straight to the front with the speakers. Every time.
If I leave the room, she's between my legs.
If Mac leaves the room, she's pulling on his feet.
She is constantly getting scraped-up knees from following that kid outside to our cheese-grater of a putting green back yard. But heaven forbid you pick her up and bring her back in!
She destroys book shelves and drawers alike. Nothing of Mac's is sacred any more, and I feel like I am settling a lot of disputes these days. (Only the beginning, I'm sure.)
I must say, however, that I love her zest. She is super involved in what other people are doing. If Mac has a toy, she wants in. If I'm cooking, she wants to dump the measuring cups. If Mark is tapping away at the computer, well then by golly she needs to tap too.
And naturally, crawling isn't enough.
This girl is also trying to walk.
Oh sweet little Miss, you make our house so very much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment