I was lucky enough to be asked to attend the birth of a friend out here.
Jordan and Nate are our friends from chiropractic school (and the softball field), and have been so fun to get to know over the last couple years.
We were excited to find out they were expecting, and thrilled when they decided they wanted not just a doula ... but me.
They had decided on my favorite Birth Center: Simona's.
They were determined to go all natural, and they had the perfect setup to do it.
Jordan did wonderfully. The baby was in a difficult spot, but she breathed, paced, and relaxed the best she could in that massive jacuzzi. Nate was a natural; I generally spend a lot of time helping the guy get involved, but not with him. He took the reins and I just filled in where his third arm would have gone.
These two worked together like peanut butter and honey, and the moment they met that little gal they worked so hard for? Magic.
Baby Reese was beautiful.
I love this little side job as is, but being able to help out some friends?
Mmm doesn't get any better.
No comments:
Post a Comment