Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Weekend in San Diego

If in a place that countless people come to vacation to, where do you go to vacation? 

San Diego.

I suppose most people go to Vegas too ... but San Diego is closer and more our style.

Luckily for us, Grandma Arlene is an absolute gem and called to see if we would like to use her timeshare condo down there.

It was heaven.

Mac loved the super cool hotel, and I did too.  Gotta love a change of pace.

Scouting out places to go.
 We spent the morning walking around the gaslamp district (maybe jut downtown ... sure couldn't tell), then came back for Belen's quick morning nap. 

We spent the following three hours walking around Balboa park, which was only a block away.

After another return for Belen's second nap (and maybe a nap for Mark and I as well ... of course Mac opted to stay up), we spent the evening at La Jolla.


While Belle and I practiced crawling forward and eating raspberries, Mark and Mac swam with a curious little group of seals.


Uncle Adam even came for a visit.

Don't worry, Mark is just working some chiropractic magic on Mr. Handlebar down there.
I thought a lot about how we could have lived here ... sigh.

Thank you Grandma Arlene, that little getaway was just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment