Sunday, September 30, 2012
A Fond Farewell
This little beauty has treated us well. I was allowed to purchase her for my 18th birthday, and she has seen a lot. She was a party wagon in high school, a make-out mobile in college, she's been stolen, wrecked, stuck in the snow, and trekked through four different states.
I felt like the coolest person when I first stepped into that car ...
But those feelings have passed.
I actually haven't driven her for years now; Mark felt that his fancy schmancy Nissan Altima would carry his little family much safer than my trusty Neon ... and I didn't argue with him much.
Between the Neon and the motorcycle, Mark has been getting around well enough the past three years. But it's also been just the right amount of annoying to keep him checking Craig's List for about two years straight.
He finally found the perfect replacement.
We decided to honorably discharge the Altima from family life, and now this baby carries me and the kiddos around. I am in love.
And so, with a little Craig's List magic, we sent my Neon off to make another 18 year old happy. Her boyfriend came over and bought it for her ...
I hope she's not too mad at him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment