It appears she has caught up to her brother.
Her doctor blamed the jump of her head size on her incredible intelligence, which manifests itself in an intense love of food.
This girl will eat about anything, and feeds herself as well as I do. She puts those four teeth she now has to work. She loves any fruit, avocados, pretzels, bread, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, beans, and will even eat broccoli now. Provided there's salt on it.
She definitely takes after me.
She's about halfway through her seventh month now, and has hit another milestone.
She is moving.
But it's not quite crawling.
It's more of a rolling/backwards-caterpillar-scooch, and sometimes it makes her quite frustrated.
Belen is constantly getting stuck on chair legs and walls. And when she sees something she really wants and gets all excited, the backwards scoot really kicks in and she ends up farther than ever before from the desired objects.
There's a little more hollering going on around here.
But she's figuring it out, and amazes me every day.
Right now, Belen's loves all-things-Mac, blowing zerbits, "wrestling" Dad, patty-cake, peek-a-boo, and my personal favorite: head-hugs. She grins, gets bashful, and bows that big curly head right into your cheek. It melts me.
Belen also is getting quite the tan. We have really been enjoying the water this summer, what with pool parties, water park passes, and beach trips. She's got tan lines to be proud of.
My most favorite tan lines are in her fat wrinkles on her wrists. White as snow.
I know babies shouldn't get tan ... I'm dowsing her in sunscreen and keeping her in the shade as much as possible ... but she definitely seems to enjoy the great outdoors, and so do the rest of us.
All in all, at seven months this girl acts and looks significantly older than she is. She's putting all that willpower to good use, and I am so proud of this lovely lady.
Allie-- she is SO CUTE! And I love that she loves food :)
ReplyDeleteI love her beautiful curly hair. Isn't it amazing how they change from day to day? Literally two days ago, Chloe could NOT figure out the stairs, then yesterday I turn around for a second, and she's crawling up them. Incredible.
ReplyDelete