Sunday, July 22, 2012

In the Words of MacAlister

A few gems of late:

Mac:  "Mom, I need Trent."
Me:  "Oh yeah?  Have you been missing him?"
Mac:  "Yes.  Lets go to Trent's house.  I need Trent.  And Jesus.  I need Trent, and I need Jesus."

Me:  "Mac, you need to stop being grumpy."
Mac:  "Can't wanna stop being grumpy."
Me:  "Mac, if you want to play with your Hulk hands you can't be so grumpy.  Super heroes are not grumpy."
Mac:  "Super heroes yes grumpy, Mom."
Me:  "No they aren't.  They are happy and they help people.  They are nice."
Mac:  "No.  Hulk grumpy, Mom.  Hulk do this all the time" [makes a Hulk face]



Me: "Mac, it's time to get out of the tub."
Mac: "Wait!  I need Dad first."
Me:  "Buddy, let's get out."
Mac:  "Mom, wait.  Wait.  First I need Dad."
Me:  "Well, let's go downstairs and get him."
Mac:  "Mom, get down there.  Go get Dad."
Me: [laughing]
Mac:  "Not funny, Mom.  Just get down there."

Mac:  "Sister likes me so much, Mom."
Me:  "Yes.  You are her favorite boy."
Mac:  "We so funny, Mom.  Play peek-a-boo and go racin' to finish line." (He likes to help her roll/crawl.)

I think I need to set a little notebook on the fridge so I can jot down all the awesome things he's saying lately.

1 comment:

  1. These are priceless. I love the one about Trent and Jesus. :)
    I actually bought one of those spiral bound sterno notebooks that I keep next to my desk area in the kitchen where I simply write down the funny things Nicholas says. And my favorite activity of all is to go back and read through the things he said from months and months ago. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete