Because you get to have moments like these:
| Secrets. |
But these two are already up to all kinds of shenanigans.
Belen really does adore her brother. She squeals and laughs at him all the time. There have been so many moments when I see something Mac is doing with/to her and jump up to put a stop to it ... until I realize that she's laugh-squawking and grinning her face off.
For example, Mac likes to take her little dollie and chew-worm and shake them real fast right in her face. I'm always worried he's going to smack her in the face, but it makes her laugh and laugh. So I let it happen ... for now.
Mac also recently discovered how fun it is to hold "Stister", but it's only to mess with her. He wants me to set her in his lap. And then he'll slowly raise his hands and say, "Woah ... woah ... WOAH!" As she wobbles from side to side and eventually falls over.
This also makes her laugh.
But she usually does get tired of it before he does.
Mac also loves to reprimand her. "No kicking, Stister." She really enjoys kicking. "Take turns, Stister." Particularly if she's in the swing or the bouncer. He is also constantly on puke-patrol. "Oh no, Stister puuuuuuke! Made a mess! Hurry, clean it!" He also sympathizes with me when I can't get her to go down (or back down) for a nap. "Too hard, take a nap. Try later, Mom."
He's not always Mr. Bossy, however. He also loves for her to come and play under his ladder bed. She likes it too, especially with the new lighting.
And if she wakes up before he does from their afternoon naps, and he hears her as he's coming down the stairs, he'll stop and holler, "I want Stister find Mac!" In which case I pop her head around the corner so she'll see him first and giggle. Then he'll come down the stairs.
Probably my favorite sibling moment is when he wakes up before her. He gets quite excited when he hears her on the baby monitor and yells, "Stister wakin'! Come Mom, say 'Good morning Stister!'" And so anyone who's in the house has to march upstairs to welcome baby Belen.
| Random note ... I just bought her some size 3 diapers. Mac is still rockin' a size 4. |
These are so cute! I love to see Nicholas and Ellie really becoming brother and sister in so many ways. It's wonderful! (Minus the plentiful moments where they're both SCREAMING at the same time...) :)
ReplyDeleteAnd it's funny--I just moved Ellie up a diaper size too. She's in 4 and Nicholas is in 5. They're basically about the same. I should just buy a whole bunch of 4's and call it good enough for both of them. :)
P.S. her denim dress: so stinking adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Hey need to talk to you:)
ReplyDeleteLove love love this post
ReplyDelete