Big girl.
That's the comment I get most often.
And I suppose they're right ...
She weighed 14 pounds 11 ounces at her last doctor's appointment. 75th percentile. She's now 24 1/2" tall. 50th percentile. And her head is 41 3/4". 75th percentile. Oh and, she has started sporting pony tails.
But it's not all that stuff that makes her seem so big to me.
It's how ... coherent she is.
She absolutely lights up whenever Mac is around. She squeals at him all the time. More than with me, and more than with Mark. She seems to have real conversations with you. She can easily grab things and pull them to her. She kicks herself in circles while lying on the floor and rolls ... but still not regularly.
And she just ... looks at me. Maybe it's just because we are both girls, but I feel so much more like we get each other. More than I ever did with Mac. Maybe it's because he was my first. Or maybe because he's a boy. Not sure.
But she melts me ... despite her newfound love of waking up at 1 a.m. instead of just 4:30. Ugh I am missing that big fat block of sleep.
She makes up for it by being about the cutest alarm clock in the world. About five minutes before 7, she'll start squealing and babbling every single morning.
And we can't help but wake up happy.
oh my goodness, she is so adorable! and look at these nice photos! great job on both :)
ReplyDeleteSo many many many things to say. Belen is amazingly beautiful. Mac is so cute! He is stunning in purple. Those pictures of them together are priceless! Sad you aren't moving back to Utah. LOVE the loft bed. Congrats on the new job and graduation Mark! You two must never stop making kids. I feel the world is lacking in beautiful people. Your camera is awesome. Hope you come to Utah in the Summer so we can see you! Well done Allie, well done.
ReplyDelete