Sunday, April 29, 2012

He's A Big Kid Now

This boy sleeps in a ladder bed.

He skips naps (most days -- I've given up fighting him on it) and goes to bed around 7:30.

He wears size 9 shoes.

He speaks quite clearly.

He has a little group of friends he likes to play with.

And ....

             he is potty trained.
 Mostly.  We're still taking him to the bathroom more than he's telling us he needs to go.  And number two is still a bit of a problem.  Forget about nighttime underwear.

But it's been a week now of straight daytime underwear.  Mark did all the dirty work getting him used to the idea the last couple months, and then I printed out a "Jake and the Neverland Pirates stickers" chart, and finally we went on a big underwear shopping spree ... and there you have it.  He's sold.
I still say taking him to the bathroom every hour is about as annoying as changing three-ish diapers a day ... but ... I can't help but be proud.

He's not a baby.  He's not even a toddler.  He's my boy

1 comment:

  1. Good job Mac!!! I am a bit jealous! I think I need to start working with Brayden. Changing two kids diapers is starting to get expensive and old. I hope you guys are doing good. :)

    ReplyDelete