Ever seen this bed at Ikea?
Mac loves to play on it.
As we have been having trouble getting him out of the crib (he'll climb back into it) and out of our room (still gets out of bed every now and then), I finally asked him if he'd like a super-cool bed he'd could climb super high and sleep on.
He couldn't stop talking about it.
The pricetag scared Mark away, but after looking closely at it, he said, "I could make that."
So he did.
Naturally, Mac was a huge help. (We quoted "Christmas Story" multiple times during this project.)
| Any time I'd ask what they were doing, he'd reply "Nuffin." Now garage-related work is officially named "nuffin". |
| There's several more things we're planning on doing to make it more fort-like, but the sleep-able-ness of it is all taken care of. |
Though his favorite thing to do on this bed is definitely jumping, he actually sleeps very well in it. Not even the thud I hear every morning as he falls off the ladder getting down seems to deter him. In fact, he thinks it's fun.
All these shenanigans allowed me to finally create a girl corner in that room.
And once again, Mac was all about helping.
| "Fird and Bird!" |
I need to take another, less fuzzy picture ... but you get a sense of the adorableness, right?
Sister likes it.
But I don't think I'll let her in there for another month or two ... let's try to get everyone sleeping through the night first.
No comments:
Post a Comment