Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chiropractors and Their Uses

If you are like me, you were raised in a wonderful, medical family.

That had no use for chiropractors.

And probably didn't want much to do with them in any way.

If you are even more like me, you grew up and married into a wonderful family of chiropractors so numerous they could about take over the state of Utah.

Doing so, I have learned quite a bit about all sorts of views on health and how the body heals itself.  My conclusion?

Chiropractors are very useful.

The dumbed-down version of what they do is simply this:  chiropractors create movement in your body, increasing bloodflow, breaking up toxins that are all bunched up; all of which come together to help your body do its own healing.

Don't be scared.  Adjustments are completely safe when given by someone who knows what they're doing.
The gal from Mark's class who posted this said, "And those two deaths were from people adjusted by some MD who didn't know what he was doing."  Ha.
Since being adjusted regularly (first by Josh and Ben, then by Doctor Holland, and now by Mark), I have benefitted in the following ways:
  • From the beginning of time, I have gotten strep throat about once a year.  Maybe a little less.  Now when I feel one coming, bam -- adjustment.  Follow that with a little flushing out of my neck muscles and drinking loads of water, and viola!  It's gone.
  • Developed a bit of carpal tunnel while pregnant with Mac.  Adjusted a few times over a week, and it's gone.
  • Regular adjustments all during pregnancy helped me to work as a waitress and therapist aide with my first, and to carry a toddler around all the time with my second.
  • Both of my deliveries were incredibly smooth.  I was adjusted weekly with both of them, and with my second Mark adjusted me in early labor ... my little gal came out about four minutes after my water broke.
  • Mark's gotten some great experience with TMJ.  I can't believe how wide I can open my mouth these days ... bring on the burgers!
  • I can think of three times in the past five years that I felt a bit under the weather.
  • I can count on one hand the number of times Mac has gotten sick.   He's had tylenol twice and never been to his medical doctor for anything besides a physical ... which actually kind of feels like going to Parent Teacher Conference when you have straight A's.  Belen has had a stuffy nose and that's about it.
So, my point is, go see a chiropractor.  They are a natural, safe way to help your body heal.  If they can't help you, they've got the resources and connections to send you to someone who can.  And once you are well, get adjusted regularly (monthly at least) to just keep things in line and help keep you well.

I know it's helped me.

And if you want to find the best chiropractor around, check out this place:

Holland Chiropractic Incorporated
(562) 694-8347
355 S Harbor Blvd, La Habra, CA 90631
Okay, so maybe I'm a bit biased, but based on my experience ... he's just the greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment