So, I realized today that I haven't written a stitch about Mark for quite some time. What does he do all day? You may well be wondering. Here's the truth .... schoolwork feels monotonous to him quite often, (he's too smart) and when he comes home he isn't very eager to re-live it and so I don't get too many minute details.
However, he is definitely working his tail off and Mac and I are so very proud of him .... he is less then a year from graduating!
He has just started his 8th term, where he spends every day in the clinic except for one. Tuesdays he has class from 8am-7pm, and though he comes home on those days practically cross eyed, he loves all the hands-on experience he gets the rest of the week. (Literally.) It is a huge change for him, and he is so glad to have made it this far.
He says that the feel of the school clinic is definitely not quite what he's aiming for with his own clinic someday, and he hates being the "freshman" with a whole lot of "juniors" to show him around, but it's been really good. Most days he's the only one who speaks Spanish at the clinic, so he gets a lot of people from different countries. He says it gives him a headache. But maybe this will inspire him to start speaking to Mac in Spanish a little more often ....
His school's clinic also has deals worked out with some insurance company that takes on a lot of older people. The only bummer about that for Mark is that he isn't able to do as much adjusting as he is muscle work. I say, it's a great experience .... specifically if we end up in St. George. That place is retirement central!
As far as future plans, we still haven't done too much. St. George is our tentative plan (if Josh will still take us in), but Mark doesn't see that being permanent and has been weighing the benefits of starting in one place and moving to another as an experienced chiropractor, or starting from scratch as a student and slowly build up clientele. He also can't decide if it's a good idea to attempt to be a legitimate healthcare professional in the same area where, ten years ago, he was egging cars and tripping people. Hahaha I loved that ... anyway, basically there's a lot to think through.
Time is ticking, and I think we'd best start saying some serious prayers and looking thoroughly at all our options.
Whatever we do, Mark will be successful. That man is driven and dedicated and truly cares about people. (Don't worry, his tripping days are over.) He is a problem-solver and ridiculously smart. And he's getting really good at adjusting ... he's finally got my lumbars down! He tried not to smile too much, but I could definitely see the look of victory in those eyes. He also got rid of my strep throat the other day ... it was incredible. A couple of neck adjustments, flushing of the throat, and some bizarre fiddling with my ears ... and I felt better immediately. By the following day it was completely gone.
Love you Mark, and those healing hands of yours.

What an awesome guy you have allie! What about Salt lake? Too saturated? I remember Jeremy finnished grad school when alexa was 9 months and it was so weird to have him around the first few months. We had to get re aquainted. Congrats to both of you for making it this far!
ReplyDelete