Mac is one crazy little kid. His shyness seems to be dissipating, and he is really getting into sports. Mark is in heaven. His latest antics include:
- He loves watching sports. He'll yell: "Shoot it!" and "Yaaaaaay!" and "Go go go go!", "Darn it," and "Oh no," at the t.v. He also loves to watch Mark play softball. Kenzi has a cute picture or two I need to steal from her... Mac always claps when someone hits the ball, and when the team comes in off the field Mac scurries to greet them all with "Hi", "Dadadadad!", and lot of dirt.
- He can hit a ball with a bat! Mark practices with him almost every time I bring him lunch at the gym, and Mac loves it. The other day Mark was late for class, but Mac kept saying, "Peeeeease ... again! Peeeeeease", and Mark grinned and replied with, "Who could say no to that?" It's a common occurance.
- Mark ordered a net for the basketball hoop we got from a garage sale, and Mac suddenly realized what has been sitting in his room for the last few months. He shoots hoop every night ... specifically when I'm trying to put him to bed.
- Lately he's started calling me, "Momees." Not sure why ... maybe I've been asking him where my nose is too much lately.
- He still eats breakfast like a maniac, and generally becomes a progressively worse eater as the day goes on. Still, though it seems to go right through him, he definitely can put food away. I'm already dreading the day he becomes a teenager.
- He is obsessed with Elmo, but the last couple days he has been turning Elmo down to watch "Woods" meaning "words", which means he wants to watch the end credits of any movie. He'll dance and squeal "Woods! Woods!" Over and over ... it's pretty funny, but I wish I could find a movie with credits that last at least twenty minutes. It's kind of a bummer to push play every three minutes while I'm trying to get dinner going.
- He's getting pretty smart when it comes to getting in trouble. He cries for the other parent, he'll suddenly stop crying and ask for something with a smile while you are trying to explain to him why he is in time out, and sometimes he'll even hug me while I'm chastising him. He's already figuring out how to work me over. He's not even two yet!
- He loves drawing, specifically snakes and "Mac" which looks like a whole lot of little "M"s all over the page. He holds the pen just so, all the way down towards the tip. He looks like such a grown-up as he concentrates so hard on what he's working on.
- He fits into his Air Jordans he got from Mark's friends as an infant. We must have talked them up, because he insists on wearing them every time I mention shoes.
- Mac and Seth are still best frenemies. They love each other and hate each other quite fiercely within a matter of seconds. It's pretty impressive how quickly they switch. With Seth's mom feeling an intense case of the first trimester crummies, we have been getting some good playing time together!
- Mac has a train table! I need to snag a picture of it ... we found it at a yard sale and gave the lady all the money we had -- which was $30, though she wanted $50 -- and got a huge table complete with 3 sets of tracks and about 20 trains. Mac is obsessed.





No comments:
Post a Comment