My babycenter.com emails tell me that this little one is about the size of a fig right now. He's stretching and moving those stubby little alien limbs like crazy right now, and though I'm not supposed to feel it for another month, sometimes I swear I can ... usually there are other explanations, however.
So far my only real complaint about carrying this little tyke around is how quickly my stomach popped. By nine weeks I was feeling a little flubby, and now I am obviously round. I still wouldn't call it a "belly" as preggo bellies go, but I feel like I'm already moving past the fat stage. Is this super fast?? It sure feels like it, but then again ... I'm almost to the second trimester already. Good grief it's so much easier to be pregnant with your second! Not worrying about every little twinge you're feeling or not feeling ... it sure makes things move a lot quicker.
Other than that I've been tired ... and that's about it. I cannot imagine being sick every day and feel terrible for people who are! Pregnancy is really quite easy for me. (So far .... knock on wood!)
I've had a lot of dreams about this baby. Usually it's a boy. (Though Mark insists it's a girl. He was right about Mac, so we'll see .... I'm mostly saying boy so that if Mark is wrong, I can be right.) I didn't dream too much about Mac, but I sure have with this one. I imagine it has something to do with the fact that Mac was a surprise and this one was prayed for and worked for. So far my favorite dream has been that I went into labor at Disneyland and had the baby at Sleeping Beauty's castle. Bomb! Disney needs to sponser a birthing center. I would go, no doubt.
Anyway, things are great and I am excited to greet this little person ... especially with all my doula experience. I love birth! But I will also say that I am definitely not wishing away these last few months with my little buddy Mac ... it's been really fun to have it be just us.
Sigh.
It's alright, we're definitely ready to add to the party!


Only you would have dreams of birthing at Dland. How glorious it would be though! Um, your "belly" picture is what my belly picture looks like now, two years post baby. I didn't get upset about how fast my figure changed, I am bloody pissed that things do not return to their proper places after, like 2 years after. I am also bothered that I cant drink Dr pepper and chips and cookies without them sticking to my mid section. Go to my boobs or my toes or somewhere. I am not above a little nip and tuck if this shiz doesn't start changing. grrrrrr
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm not supposed to be saying anything on the internet yet, but I just had to tell you I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels unbelievably large already! I'm 15 weeks and I feel like I look 25! It's ridiculous! I've felt SO much bigger so much faster this time around. I know it's for a good reason, but it's still kind of discouraging, thinking about how much farther I have to go before I'm done growing. :D
ReplyDeleteWe're not putting it on the blog yet because I'm waiting to tell my family in person next week, but I am so excited for people to start knowing-we're so happy to have a new little baby! And I'm so excited for you too!!
And boy aren't the pregnant dreams crazy?!
I remember being sad when Abe wasn't going to be the only one too. I can't wait to meet "fig"
ReplyDelete